A new school year is beginning tomorrow. It's a mixture of excitement and sadness in our household!! Excitement to be able to see old friends, meet new friends, see who's returning to the school and just basically having the opportunity to re-connect with old friends. The excitement is also increased by the fact that the school will be moving to the new school building that's currently still under construction....we've heard talk about the classes being moved to the new building before the end of this calendar year!!! The girls are so excited about the new building!! Sadness in that the start of the school year signals the end of the summer....the end of our care-free days of sleeping in, swimming and just spending time with one another. BUT....the girls are talking about the excitement of school starting a bit more as the beginning of school also means we are even closer to the arrival of our new baby (due in November). There definitely has been a mixture of emotions and thoughts during the past few weeks about the new school year. For me, I'm dreading the start of the new school year at least as much as the girls are. I enjoy my time with them and I really miss the lack of time we have together once school begins.....selfish on my part???...you bet!!!
It's so amazing to think that I have children going into 1st grade, 5th grade and 9th grade tomorrow morning!
No comments:
Post a Comment