Formal 2008 ~Mariah~
The above photo is from Mariah's 2008 school formal. Once again, I had the wonderful pleasure of being a chaperon (with Mariah's encouragement and approval). The evening was so incredibly wonderful. The private school she attends doesn't typically have dances at the formal. Instead, they have a wonderful formal dinner. This year, there was a parent sponsored dance after the formal dinner. It was the most amazing thing. The dance was a traditional ballroom dance, complete with dance cards. Many of the students participated in appropriate dance etiquette and ballroom dance lessons for several days prior to the formal. The dance etiquette included instructions regarding not filling their dance card with the same person more than several times. It was the sponsoring parents who also helped discourage exclusive coupling during the dances. I can honestly say that I have never been to a dance (including all the dances I attended while I was in school) where the students had this much fun!The photo below is of Mariah entering the stretch Excursion limo rented for the ride to the formal. It was filled with Sophomores. One funny story from the evening was the limo ended up getting lost on the way to the formal. Once the driver found the way, it entered from a direction that was impossible to make the turn into the driveway. Ultimately, it ended up driving past the driveway and backing down the long driveway as the limo was much too long to navigate that corner!
Mariah's school has a "formal court" (think prom court) which includes a male & female student from each of the attending classes in the high school. Each grade has different titles for those in the court who are voted by their peers. This year, Mariah shared the honor of "countess" for the sophomore class with a friend of hers (they tied). I've posted a photo of Mariah in the formal court (she's on the arm of the gentleman in the black tuxedo (who was not her date):
No comments:
Post a Comment