Friday, August 11, 2006

A peek at our baby!

Here is one of our ultrasound images that I scanned. It shows the baby looking directly at you, with his/her arm bent and the little fist tucked up under the chin! This image was from July 7th. At that ultrasound, the doctor said everything looked just great with the baby! Because I am what they now consider AMA (advanced maternal age) I have the option of many more tests, amnios, etc, but I've chosen to decline anything that would be invasive at this point. I don't want to put any risk to this little miracle.
I was far enough along that we could have been able to discover this little baby's gender at this ultrasound appointment last month. BUT, I have NO desire to find out ahead of time! I love the anticipation and surprise of waiting until our little peanut arrives to find out if we have a new son or a new daughter.

Today, August 11th, I'm now 24.5 weeks along...only 15.5 weeks left to go! Everything is going very well. My morning sickness seems to have subsided at this point, except for an unexpected bout of it now and then.
The girls are getting so excited about this little one! What a neat experience it will be to have three older children to share all the excitement of a new baby with! They all would like to be in the room when this baby is born and we are definitely considering allowing them to be there. I know I'm okay with having the older two present (they will be 15 and 11yrs old), it's just the younger one (she will be 7yrs old) that I'm not completely sure about at this point.

No comments: