Tuesday, September 02, 2008

The long and the short of it....

Today was the end to my girls' long hair ~ at least for now! Yikes!

Months ago, they made the choice to grow their already long hair out even more and donate it to the "Locks of Love" ( http://www.locksoflove.org/ ) organization. They each had over 10" of their hair cut and are now sporting some very cute short hairstyles.

This photo shows the initial cut of Mariah's ponytail:



And here is her ponytail and the new length of her hair, before her hairstyle was completed:



And below is the hairstyle Mariah chose:

Here is McKenna just prior to the intial cut (I'm having trouble uploading photos, and I'm not sure why this one is smaller thanthe rest):



McKenna was much more enthusiastic to have this haircut and give the donation to Locks of Love than it appears in this photo...I think I caught her off-guard with the photo:

Below is a photo taken just prior to Miranda's initial cut:


Miranda as her new 'do is being completed:


These are the ponytails that will be mailed to Locks of Love this week:


Below are all three girls showing their completed hairstyles.

3 comments:

Mandy Jo said...

Such a great cause! They all look beautiful with their short hair too.

Tracey said...

Thank you, Mandy Jo! I loved their long hair and at the last minute I briefly considered saying "no"...That thought only lasted a moment as I was so pleased with their decisions. I have to admit that I love their new hairstyles!

ptowngreeneyes said...

Hi Tracey,

I really like your blog. The girls new cuts are awesome and make them look so much older.

We had fun at the Christmas party.

Take care,
Jamie