Mariah was scheduled for her ICD placement on Thursday, September 18th. This afternoon, I received a phone call from the EP office saying the insurance company was refusing to give pre-authorization for it as they were determining it to NOT be medically necessary. The EP office has done all it can up to this point so her surgery was cancelled for tomorrow & tentatively rescheduled, pending insurance approval. The EP is out of the office until Thursday AM and they will put him onto appealing it to the insurance company & discuss it with the medical director; however, at this point, the office staff can’t do anything more about it. The EP is on vacation. Needless to say, Mariah is extremely disappointed with this as she was completely ready for it. The timing was perfect, in our eyes, due to school, etc. I keep reminding her that this delay is temporary & her EP will help us get it figured out when he’s back in the office. We are also taking this time to realize it needs to happen on the Lord's timing, not our own. God's timing is always perfect.
Now, we are just waiting...
No comments:
Post a Comment