Monday, October 06, 2008

2:30pm ~ October 6, 2008

Mariah is now settled into her room. The swelling seems to be decreasing, however she is now having pain and pressure in her neck and left shoulder. The nurses are applying ice packs to her shoulder and neck. Just prior to the pain & pressure, she reached a point where pain was out of control. Her EP and nurses have been working at getting it under control.

Naturally, she is quite drowsy...partially from the anesthesia but also in part due to the Benadryl she is having administered to counteract the itching from the Morphine. She REALLY needs to sleep but doesn't want to miss a single visitor. GOOFY GIRL!!!!!

More later...

3 comments:

Una Spenser said...

Oh Tracey, I just had to come see how it was going after reading the post on parent-l this evening. I wouldn't have been able to sleep! So glad to hear she's out and that it seems mostly good. Hope they get the swelling and discomfort addressed.

Big hugs to you all! Allison

junglemama said...

I hope she has a speedy recovery. Can't wait to hear that she is feeling back to normal. Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog.

TeenaD said...

Tracey, so glad that everythign went well. And I really hope they've been able to manage the pain for her. Thoughts and prayers to all of you