For the time being, I've decided to make no major changes to the accessibility of our blog. Mariah has requested I leave it as is and not allow one person's concerns change the way we've managed this site since we created it nearly three years ago (although we do completely appreciate this person's well-intentioned concern). If ever Mariah (or any of our other children) wants information or photos relating to her/them removed, I won't hesitate to delete that information immediately.
I am working to make this site less visible/searchable on Google searches and possibly Google Alerts.
I have, at least temporarily, selected "NO" to this option provided by blogger:
A Listed blog may be linked to from Blogger.com, such as the Blogger home page, Blogger Play, and Next Blog. If you select "No" your blog will not appear in these places, but it will still be available on the Internet. This blog will still be displayed on your profile unless you hide it.
And "NO" to this option:
If you select "Yes" we will include your blog in Google Blog Search and ping Weblogs.com. If you select "No", everyone can still view your blog but search engines will be instructed not to crawl it.
SO, if you happen to see words that look broken up like this: lo.ng Q*T syn*drome or ele.ct.roph.ysiol.ogi.st or something similar it is to prevent these terms from triggering Google Alerts for those terms. I still haven't decided if that is completely necessary as we would like to provide factual information regarding ICDs, long QT syndrome, etc, as well as our experiences... Although, in reality, if someone has their Google Alerts set to inform him or her of blogs posting these terms it would seem he or she would be seeking this information. That said, visiting this blog or any other website is completely optional and if there is information that offends someone he or she simply doesn't have to visit those sites or can exit out of the site immediately.
Lately the majority of my posts have been about Mariah and her condition and surgery as that has been a major focus in our lives recently; however, the original intent of our blog is to provide information about our family to family and friends. We also want to chronicle our lives with this journal.
We do thank each one of you for visiting our little corner of the world!
1 comment:
I agree with you 100%.
Post a Comment