Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving

We were so blessed to have a very nice Thanksgiving holiday with our families. We enjoyed an incredibly delicious dinner at Steve's parents' house in the early afternoon with his parents, grandmother, brother and his brother's friend. Steve's sister and her family weren't able to join us this year, but we will see them in December for Christmas. In the early evening, we then to my Aunt Stella's home for more great food and visiting with my family.

While we have so very much to be thankful for this year, there is definitely a huge, wonderful presence missing from our celebrations. My Dad. Simply put: I miss him. I miss his smile, I miss his hugs, I miss his laugh, I miss his love, I miss his support, I miss his kindness, I miss his strength, I miss hearing his voice, I miss watching him be a grandpa to my children....I miss him. Countless things remind me of Dad all throughout the day and while the sadness of missing him is very strong, I am thankful he was such an important part of my life that he is so easily remembered.

No comments: